Part imports allow you to mass import new parts and mass update existing parts. Please read carefully and take your time. Not following the directions will undeniably lead to grief and heartache.
Step One: Create your spreadsheet.
Follow the steps below if you are adding new parts that do not currently exist in your HindSite database.
- Use the table below to format your spreadsheet.
- Make sure your spreadsheet does not contain more than one sheet.
Because the spreadsheet will be saved as a text document later, all of the other sheets will be deleted.
- Once you have formatted your spreadsheet and added your new parts, select File, select Save As, select Browse, set the Save as type to Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt), save.
Optionally, export your spreadsheet from HindSite.
Follow the steps below if you are updating existing parts.
- Go to Maintenance > Products/Parts.
- Use the search fields to retrieve the list of parts you want to update.
- Select Export/Report
- Select the Browse button on the right to select the location you want to save the file to.
- Once you select the file location, select Save in the bottom right.
Step Two: Import your spreadsheet.
- Go to Maintenance, select Utilities, select Imports
- Open the drop-down menu and select Parts
- Select the Browse button (across from File Path) and find your tab delimited file. Select it and click Open.
- Once the file has been selected, select the Import button in the bottom right. HindSite will prompt you to take a backup, take a backup. Once the backup is completed, the import will begin.
- Each column title must be entered EXACTLY as shown below.
- The only column title absolutely required is ITEM ID.
- A part’s ITEM ID and ITEM NAME may be the same.
- Use decimals instead of fractions (example: .25” instead of 1/4”) (for sorting)
- All new parts must have a category.
- If you enter a DIVISION name that doesn’t match exactly with what’s already in HindSite, then the import will create a new one. So watch for typos
Part Import Columns
|ITEM NAME||Part Description|
|TAX||Is this part taxable?|
|CAT||The Category this part will be in|
|SUBCAT1||The 1st Sub Category this part will be in|
|SUBCAT2||The 2nd Sub Category this part will be in|
|PRICE||What you charge the customer|
|COST||The cost of this part to you|
|EST PRICE||Price of this part on an estimate|
|DIVISION||The division this part is assigned to|
|ACTIVE||Active flag (use "I" to inactivate the part)|
|TO PDA||If this part will be viewable in the field|
|QB FULLNAME||Item's name in QuickBooks (use a colon for QB categories)|
If you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call at our mainline (888) 752-5978, email us at Support@HindSiteSoftware.com or submit a ticket through our portal.
See attachment below for an example spreadsheet.